Table of Contents
Icons of style: Pierre Yovanovitch Showroom, Paris
I’ve been working on something lately and thought it might resonate with you. We live in an era of constant distraction, of an endless stream of information. We know this isn’t good for us, and I believe, bad for our skillsets.
Beyond Designing – Delving Deeper
Interior designers and creatives, like us, are natural creators, right? You envision spaces, and you bring dreams to life. But I’d like you to think beyond your everyday design tasks. There’s a difference between being creatively busy and mindfully creative.
The Magic of Mindful Creation
Imagine this: a space where you’re not just designing, but you’re evolving your skills, inventing new concepts, and exploring design depths you’ve never reached before. That’s the magic of mindful creation. It’s a practice of focused, distraction-free creativity – a deep dive into the essence of what makes you a designer.
This journey isn’t just about becoming a better designer. It’s about growing as an individual, directing your life more consciously, achieving a state of enhanced mindfulness, and carving a legacy that’s uniquely yours. Exciting, isn’t it?
Finding time, overcoming the fear of judgement, combatting the FOMO – these are hurdles we’ll encounter. But trust me; it’s a journey worth taking.
My Personal Experience
My voyage into mindful creation has been transformative. I set aside 2-hour deep work sessions – isolated islands of creative focus in an ocean of distractions. The outcome? A significant rise in productivity, enhanced creativity, and a profound sense of accomplishment.
Your Path to Mindful Creation
Ready to embark on this journey? Here’s a simple framework:
- Identify your prime time: Identify your peak productivity hours. Dedicate this time to you.
- Block your calendar: This is your time. Ensure your team is aware.
- Limit distractions: Use your phone’s settings to create a serene workspace.
- Capture your thoughts: Use apps like Notion to organise your creative ideas.
- Braindump: In your initial sessions, let all your ideas flow. Draw, jot down, mind map – no limits.
- Organise and Analyse: Spot patterns and themes in your ideas.
- Prioritise: Set immediate and long-term design goals.
- Start Creating: Use these ideas as your blueprint for mindful creation.
This journey may seem challenging, but I assure you, it’s well worth it.
Ready to delve deeper into your design brilliance and evolve as a mindful creator? Let’s begin our journey of exploration and innovation, one focused session at a time!
To our creative success,
3 Interesting links from this week
- Deep Work: The Secret to Achieving Peak Productivity
- Why Deep Work Matters in a Distracted World
- How the busiest people get ‘deep work’ done
Instagram post of the week
I attended the launch of Knightsbridge Gardens this week to see the latest project delivered by Taylor Howes. Four years of work went into this build-to-rent development and it was very impressive. On the corner of Brompton Road and Sloane Avenue, this iconic location is a lush oasis for future residents.
Watch the reel by Taylor Howes by clicking the image below.